Top Quality French Carp Fishing

NEW Lake Record caught on 26th. April 2017 at 76lb 15oz

120 -150 different carp of 40lb. or bigger inc. 41 + different 50lb. plus carp

and 6 different 60lb plus carp And 2 known 70lb plus carp.



Copyright ©2016:2017 Moorlands Fisheries - All Rights Reserved

Siret No 511 121 824 00011

Contact Keith direct on keith@moorlandfisheries.co.uk or by telephone on 07500 877804

Click on the Facebook icon on the left of page to go to Keith's Facebook page.

To contact Keith, Jan or Sharon direct phone 0033 385 922 953.


Hover over image for larger picture

Rules amended 08/06/17

Moorland Fisheries Registered Address:  Flat 30. 18-22 Addiscombe Grove. Croydon. Surrey. CR0 5LL

For booking enquiries please use the Contact Button on the left of this page

 or phone 07500 877804

Chapter Four - Onwards and Upwards


Back                                                                                                                                                   Next


The summer of 2002 continued with many carp being caught and also many frustrating stories of “monsters” hooked and lost. I spent some of my spare time baiting and fishing the mighty River Saone which is only twenty minutes from our lake.

I discovered that pre-baiting was essential and worked best if planned fairly exactly to span the four days prior to going fishing. My exact baiting regime would revolve around baiting very heavily over a very wide area of river on day one (normally Tuesday) and then leaving it quiet on day two.

Day three would see a similar amount of bait (20 kg of boilies) but this time placed much tighter over the exact spots to which I had decided to fish. Day four would again be left quiet and I would start fishing on day five but would not add any more bait until I received some action.

Generally action didn’t take too long to arrive and the first pick up would normally be an indicator of what was to follow. If the first fish was a double then one of the nomad shoals of small commons had taken up residence over my bait and I would need to wade through these before catching anything more substantial.

On the other hand if the first fish was a thirty it normally followed that I would not be catching anything like the quantity of fish that the nomads would produce but the fact that the bait could be left in the water for longer would produce a better stamp of fish. My tally of river carp shot up and included several thirty nine pound plus carp but the river forty remained illusive.

The lake carp continued to baffle everyone with their strange bites. Several more fish refused to move far enough to pull the line from the rod clip but would then fight like demons once the rod was lifted.

During September 2002 my wife Jan took the opportunity to fly back to England to see our grandchildren start their new schools. I stayed in France with several jobs to be done around the home but also with some spare time to go fishing.

My first three days were spent baiting my favourite stretch of the river and putting out my rods from our dam wall adjacent to our house. Obviously my lake targets were some of the originals which had evaded capture.

With the memories of the “twitchy” type bites in complete focus I found that I was being steered towards a specific rig to try and improve the bite indication. I decided that I needed to have a rig which transmitted as much as possible of the movement at the hook to the alarm.

My choice was to use an ESP stiff rigger in size 7 tied “D” rig style to 12lb Ghost(fluorocarbon) hook link. The hook link was six inches long and tied to a flexi-ring swivel.

The other end of the swivel was tied direct to the main line which ran through a hollow buffer bead and large bore run ring.

I decided on light leads (between 1 & 2 ounce) and had completely dispensed with leadcore or any other leader material.

After casting, it was simply a matter of feathering the line and then lifting the rod as the lead hit the water. This would ensure that the lead didn’t plug into the clay bed and was fishing effectively. Once I had placed the rods in the alarms I would pull off more line so that the bobbins were hanging loose.