Top Quality French Carp Fishing

NEW Lake Record caught on 26th. April 2017 at 76lb 15oz

120 -150 different carp of 40lb. or bigger inc. 50+ different 50lb. plus carp

and 14 different 60lb plus carp And 2 known 70lb plus carp.

Hover over image for larger picture

Read Iain MacMillans review of his last trip to Moorlands

Chapter Nine - Hard Work Pays Off

Back                                                                                                                                                   Next

We were using a fairly hard and fruit flavoured bait but it was noticeable that anyone trying to use a fishmeal bait would suffer numerous twitches and bleeps and would often wind in without any bait on the hair after a few hours.

Surely our hard work to remove the poisson chats couldn’t have already been proven a waste of time? We had seen shoals of very small carp fry in the margins but were convinced that these couldn’t be the bait robbers.

There was no other decision to be made - we would have to drain the lake once again and it was planned for November. Pleasingly, some of our customers, who were now very good friends, had agreed to travel out and help us with the final weekend of the vidange.

It was pleasing to see that the fishing continued at a high quality throughout the summer and resulted in numerous customers re-booking for 2010.

As we got into the beginning of the autumn we began to see the carp weights climbing into the upper forties again but not as high as I had hoped.

The late summer also held another difficult period for us. Our youngest daughter, Sharon, was pregnant with her fourth child and arrived at our house one morning, extremely distressed.

It turned out that she had found a lump under her breast and was obviously worried sick. A trip to the doctor resulted in a hospital visit to have the lump examined and it was confirmed to be a tumour and needed a biopsy.

A horrendous shadow descended over our family while we waited for the biopsy to be carried out.

With Sharon being pregnant, she had to suffer the large needle without any anaesthetic and then found that the diagnostic machines were out of action so we would have to wait for a week.

I tried to live as normal a life as possible and decided to fish for a couple of days while we waited. In hindsight it was my way of trying to convince Sharon that I wasn’t worried and that everything would turn out fine.

In reality I wasn’t sleeping and now had severe pains beginning to “burn” into my right ankle and shin.