Top Quality French Carp Fishing
NEW Lake Record caught on 26th. April 2017 at 76lb 15oz
and 6 different 60lb plus carp And 2 known 70lb plus carp.
Copyright ©2016:2017 Moorlands Fisheries -
Siret No 511 121 824 00011
Contact Keith direct on email@example.com or by telephone on 07500 877804
Click on the Facebook icon on the left of page to go to Keith's Facebook page.
To contact Keith, Jan or Sharon direct phone 0033 385 922 953.
Hover over image for larger picture
Rules amended 08/06/17
Moorland Fisheries Registered Address: Flat 30. 18-
For booking enquiries please use the Contact Button on the left of this page
or phone 07500 877804
Chapter Ten -
Plans began to be made and I provisionally booked an eight ton 360 digger for the first weekend of October. In order to be ready for it we then set about pumping the existing holding pools dry and removing all of the fish within them.
Strangely enough we only found a couple of small carp, some big perch and bass and very few poisson chats.
In previous drain-
With the pools empty it was time for the main act and on 7th October it arrived, all shiny and clean.
It wouldn’t remain like that for very long.
My first target was to get a temporary dam built across the eastern arm so that we could work the stock pond bed without any problem with water ingress.
Very gently I drove the digger into the remaining water, trying very carefully to keep it travelling in a straight line so that it didn’t rip the lake bed apart and sink into the silt.
Not an easy task when one of the drive motors seemed more powerful that the other and the machine was determined to drive in a circle.
I reached the opposite bank and then slowly reversed while digging out the lake bed and simply piling it up into a clay bank.
All went very easily and we were now safe to clean out and deepen the holding pools.
I drove down into the soft silt of the bottom and began to pull it back towards me as I slowly moved down the length of the pool.
Unfortunately the silt became softer and wetter with each pull and I likened it to digging soup. As I pulled it towards me so it slumped back away so progress was very slow.
Eventually we achieved our goal and the pool bed was 18” deeper and relatively clear of soft silt. I now needed to extend the size of the deeper water to reach the temporary dam bank but I didn’t want it all of uniform depth so I dug a “canal” section plus some plateaux and formed small islands from the hard clay.
With the work almost complete I was horrified to find that I was unable to move the machine and began to realise just how deep the silt was when I saw it beginning to slowly ooze into the cab through the open door.
The digger was sinking lower and lower. I tried all the normal tricks without anything working so decided that the last resort was to dig a “trench” around the machine in the hope that some of the silt would run away from the tracks and allow me to move out. After about half an hour of digging I put the bucket down and managed to break the suction on the tracks and they slowly lifted out until the machine was in a “begging” mode.
By driving the left track forward and the right backwards while also pushing the bucket to the left the digger gradually lifted out of the worst of the clag.
I was then able to use the bucket to pull my way out and with relief we decided to call it a day at that point. Enough was enough.