Top Quality French Carp Fishing
NEW Lake Record caught on 26th. April 2017 at 76lb 15oz
and 6 different 60lb plus carp And 2 known 70lb plus carp.
Copyright ©2016:2017 Moorlands Fisheries -
Siret No 511 121 824 00011
Contact Keith direct on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07500 877804
To contact Sharon or any of the Moorlands team direct phone 0033 385 922 953.
Hover over image for larger picture
Moorland Fisheries Registered Address: Flat 30. 18-
For booking enquiries please use the Contact Button on the left of this page
or phone 07500 877804
Chapter Ten -
We then decided to drive in a quantity of heavy stakes each side of the clay bank, fit mesh between these stakes, tension the stakes across the dam and then fill between them with hard clay.
Quite a bit of this was to be done manually so it became a long, hard slog but very satisfying when we were able to stand back and admire our work, as well as having the pleasure of walking across it without getting our feet wet while we planted out the sides with weeping willows and reeds.
Once complete we opened the valve of the pipe which we had fitted across the bottom of the dam and watched the water begin to flow into the new stock pond. Obviously even this pipe was netted to prevent any unwanted species taking a short cut into a safe haven.
During our construction of the new dam Robin decided that he wouldn’t be staying on as bailiff for 2012 but would stay until the end of the year in order to complete the work and to give himself time to sort out work and life in general back in the UK.
Obviously we talked over his reasons and they are all very personal to him and I don’t feel that it is my place to publicise them here.
On 5th November our last anglers departed and we immediately set about opening the main sluice gate.
Even this simple operation was not without its problems as the silt had built up from previous drain-
By digging out the tunnel and then driving a large bar down the front of the gate from the lake side we heard a small gurgling and this then turned into an even louder gurgling and then a roar as the water forced away the remaining clay and silt.
Had we left it like that the lake would have been empty in 24 hours and the fish would have been stranded all across the lake bed so we adjusted the flow and monitored it each day.
Gradually the level dropped and the fish became concentrated in an ever reducing pool adjacent to the dam wall.
Ashley and Chris arrived to help with the work and we set about lifting the carp by gently wading in to the lake and lifting each one individually.
They were then placed into weigh slings, checked, weighed and transferred to the stock pond. It was pleasing to see all of the carp moved within 48 hours without any signs of injury or undue stress.
We then started to catch the rest of the fish, namely the catfish, perch and bass and, within another 24 hours all of the wanted fish were safely installed into the stock pond.
With the fish moved it was now time to work on the remaining puddles of water. By placing the generator on one of the boats and sliding it across the mud until it was adjacent to each puddle we were able to empty every small area of water totally so that we could remove every single small fish.
The weather was very kind to us and we were able to leave the lake bed to dry for over four weeks and by the end of that period the mud was beginning to crack and a daily walk through the damp areas ensured that nothing remained alive.
It also gave us the chance to mend fences and carry out all the other small jobs that normally get left until just before the season starts.